Sunday 14 September 2008

The NEC Knitting and Stitching Show


Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef

It's nice of the NEC to stage the Knitting and Stitching show for me during my birthday week every year, means I can swing a day to myself, pockets jingling with birthday money.
That's where I've been today.

We started with the exhibits and showcases. Some yummy links here:
Caren Garfen
Linda Marie


We took part in Alfreda McHale's "Seeking Pearls", more details here

The large jar is mine, the smaller one is SJ's.
I wonder if Alfreda gets to empty out ALL the jars and re-sort them after each installation? Lucky lucky Alfreda!

At lunchtime I took Ruth MacGregor's "Silk and Spindle" workshop, which was fantastic. Unfortunately, I'm typing this too late to take a snap of my handiwork. My spinning....um.... needs work, I'll keep trying!
Ruth's website is here www.spinningforth.com. She's a wonderful patient teacher and a sweet person.

Ok, time for some retail therapy. I'd decided I wasn't going to buy any more yarn, but I really did want some wooden sock blockers (an upgrade to my current bent coathanger models).
I bought yarn and no sock blockers:
  • Jawoll Sock Yarn from ArtYarn
  • Some braiding kits from the Braid Society stall created by Shirley Berlin
  • A piece of soluble cross stitch canvas from DMC
and a tub of screen print ink. Not stitching related but something I have a plan for.

I think I was quite restrained. I still have pennies left. mmm. a trip to Lush?

0 comments: