Wednesday 7 January 2009

Knitted Gloves




Finally, I make something. Although it's a bit poor because it was originally intended as practice for the magic loop method of knitting, but it's made by me, and it's in use, so here it is.

I made this up as I went along, then decided it was going to be fingerless mittens, added an off-centre cable band, and knit til I ran out of yarn.

Don't look too close at the cabling, because I was practicing magic loop, not concentrating on the number of rows between cables. Or indeed, how many stitches I was cabling.


Despite their flaws, they are VERY cosy, and when the temperature plummeted here last night I wore them in bed!


With busy busy days (toddlers and day jobs) finding time for making stuff is scarce round here, but this was, *is*, my New Year's Resolution and so last night I managed nearly an hour on another project. Tricky stuff (for me). Sewing. On the machine. Hopefully back with some pics soon.

1 comments:

Teena Vallerine said...

Well you're two projects ahead of me! Scrummy mittens! t.x